Friday, August 8, 2008

AC Grayling: Spelling is important in university essays

AC Grayling: Spelling is important in university essays | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk: "Dr Ken Smith of Bucks New University says that undergraduate spelling is so bad that instead of the penury of having to correct the misspellings in their students' essays, university teachers should simply accept the students' orthography as 'variants'."

Brilliant response to the twaddle which was circulated yesterday about 'variant spellings' being appropriate for graduates.

My feelings about his article?

"Yeah. wot ee sed".

2 comments:

  1. I agree entirely!

    Dale's first comment? "I wouldn't want Harry or Beth to go to Buckingham Uni then"

    Absolutely ridiculous idea! Let's dumb everyone down to the lowest common denominator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! aircon maintenance singapore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...