Friday, November 2, 2007

Mark as read

My Google Reader has got the better of me.  A few days without reading the various feeds and they've built up to avalanche proportions and I risk drowning in the little blighters if I attempt even the most basic skim read.  So... I marked them all as read.  How liberating!!  The thought occured to me - wouldn't it be lovely if we could just mark life as read when it got on top of us?  Right now, my life is chaotic to say the least.  Just loads to do and feeling like there's not even a sniff of a chance of getting on top of it, or at least that's how it feels.

I wonder though, how much of life could be like a subscription service.  Normally, we're subscribed and we're busy keeping on top of it... but, you know what... when it does all get too much, it's okay to step out and 'mark it as read'.  You don't actually miss that much, and something will come along which fills you in on the main events.  So, my new mission.  To find out what can be marked as read a little more often, and read the things I really need to.

Here endeth my musings... 



1 comment:

  1. Mark as read sounds good.

    A bit like missing a few TV soap episodes perhaps - you can easily pick up the story later if you want to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...